I recently had the pleasure of touring the beautiful Cimetière Notre-Dame-des-Neiges in Montreal. This is a beautiful and historic cemetery that gives lie to the notion that cemeteries are wasted space, or that we've run out of room for cemeteries. It is all about priorities. We always have room for a new strip mall or industrial park- what legacy of history and beauty do those things leave? Because this cemetery is here in the middle of Montreal, the city has a park of unrivaled beauty, with innumerable poignant works of art in many styles. Many thanks to the Executive Director Yoland Tremblay and his staff for their gracious hospitality. Follow the first link for a look at their beautiful website.
- Patrick McNally
- Funeral service faces a crisis of relevance, and I am passionate about keeping the best traditions of service alive while adapting to the changing needs of families. Feel free to contact me with questions, or to share your thoughts on funeral service, ritual, and memorialization. email@example.com
- ► 2012 (70)
- ► 2011 (36)
- ► 2010 (54)
- ► 2009 (99)
- The Procession - How Important Is It Really?
- What Makes up the Cost of a Funeral? part 1, the B...
- Working Out Grief in Art
- Back to theEarth part 2
- Japanese Cemeteries Fill Up While American Cemeter...
- Back to the Earth part 1
- Final Salute
- Celebrants Help Create Meaningful Services
- Cemetery in Romania vividly reflects the lives of ...
- New Wisconsin law allows final wishes to be honore...
- Welcome Home Sgt. Fischer
- Holy Holy Holy!: Holy cards
- Gypsy graves have a life of their own in Portland,...
- Le cimetière Notre-Dame-des-Neiges
- Jazz Funeral 'Just a Closer Walk with Thee'
- Coming soon to a funeral home near you?
- Natural and Sustainable Options
- ▼ August (17)
- The Good Funeral Guide
- Shine On Brightly
- Modern Mourner
- Cress Funeral Service
- Seven Ponds
- Living in the Embrace of Arunachala
- Kinkaraco Green Burial Products
- The After Craft
- Ask Judy
- The Examining Room of Dr. Charles
- 'The Final Honor' Firefighter's Urn
- Promessa Organic
- Sentiment-Celebrating Life
- Southern Graves
- Death Reference Desk
- Obit Magazine
- Killing the Buddha
- Verkstad.com The artwork of Monika Lidman and John Kieltyka
- Urn Garden Cremation Blog
- Legacy Matters
- Widow's Quest